Open Kitchen does not impose charges (e.g., corkage fee) for the alcohol brought to the private events by hosts. Hosts of private events wishing to provide alcohol for their events will need to agree to the following:
- All private dining, cooking classes, and parties held on Open Kitchen premises are “private events.” Guests and attendees are invited by the individuals hosting the private events.
- Hosts are responsible for the consumption of alcohol and conduct of their guests and attendees (per New Mexico’s Dram Shop Law).
- Hosts must bring their own beer, wine, or spirits prior to the start of the private event.
- No alcohol may be brought into Open Kitchen facility once the private event begins.
- No sales of alcohol will take place in any form.
- No cover charges of any type may be charged during an event where alcohol is being served.
- Anything other than beer or wine will be mixed proportionately in accordance with State Law.
- All alcohol will be served only by State licensed servers/bartenders, staffed and managed by Open Kitchen.
- Anyone wishing to drink alcohol must show valid ID of 21. No exceptions.
- No shots will be served.
- No open alcohol containers in any form may be removed from the premises.
- All alcohol serving will cease at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the event.
- Pregnant women will not be served alcohol.
- Open Kitchen Servers or Management reserve the right to refuse alcohol to anyone.
- Should any guest be caught giving alcohol to a minor they will be asked to leave immediately.
- Anyone caught drinking alcohol outside the premises but on the property of the event facility will not be allowed back into the event.
- Open Kitchen Management reserves the right to arrange for a safe ride (Uber, Lyft, taxi) for any guest deemed to be too impaired to drive safely.
These policies are for the protection and safety of hosts, guests, and attendees of private events and Open Kitchen.
NOTE: Any additional staffing, glassware, and/or accessories that will be required to support the private events will be charged as services provided by Open Kitchen to the hosts.
Alcohol policy will be provided as part of your event contract which requires signature.