Creating community in the kitchen & around the table.
Public Cooking Class Schedule
*At Open Kitchen, we follow strictly to the related rules and regulations regarding COVID-safety. The cooking classes are limited in the number of guests so we can provide the recommended space and safe environment for everyone. Register your tickets fast! Read more to our COVID POLICY here.
Open Kitchen is excited to offer customized and curated private cooking events at our location for you and your closest family, friends, colleagues – your “COVID POD”. We have three dining rooms with separate entrances that provide an intimate, inviting, and safe environment that meets all current NM Health Orders.
We currently offer private cooking events from Wednesday to Sunday with three time slots (8 am to 11 am, 12 pm to 3 pm, and 5 pm to 8pm). Modifications to these offerings may be available upon request.
Below are some sample menus of previously held cooking classes and parties that Open Kitchen has designed for our guests. These can be customized as hands-on, chef’s demonstration, or a hybrid. You can also suggest a theme or specific menu you’d like for your private event!
Each private cooking event:
- Includes all food ingredients, written recipes, private chef instruction, cooking equipment and accessories, and dining service ware. Full buy-out of Open Kitchen’s space of 3 private dining rooms may be available. Please let us know if this is an option you’d like to discuss.
- Approximately 3 hours in length
- Minimum of 6 guests and a maximum of guests per the NM Health Order restriction on “mass gathering.”
- Minimum fee of $650 for most cooking menus (for up to 6 guests) plus 20% facility/service fee and applicable taxes.
- Add-ons such as nibbles, decorations, music, floral, alcohol service, wine pairing/tasting/education, etc. are available.
- Please review our COVID Policy
- Private cooking event hosts wishing to provide alcohol please review our Alcohol Policy.
November 2019: Into the Kitchen at Dr. Field Goods Butcher Shop – Baguette & Beyond: French Influence on Vietnamese Cuisine
October 2019: Into the Kitchen at Dr. Field Goods Butcher Shop – A Taste of Northern, Central, and Southern Vietnamese Cuisine