A unique class combining yoga and cooking to open your hearts pathways and provide the delicious nutrition for heart healthy life.
WHY: The practice of self-care is essential for our well-being. We spend so much time activating our bodies, minds, and emotional energy during the week that it’s important to intentionally pause and make time for some needed self-care. But how? Open Kitchen’s Chef-Owner, Hue-Chan Karels, and Yoga Instructor, Leah Luu, have paired their passions for the art of yoga and cooking to create and share their unique and integrated recipe for clearing the pathways of the heart and feeding it with the highest elements of nutrition.
WHAT TO EXPECT: Join Hue-Chan and Leah for a heart balancing and body nourishing day. As entrepreneurs with ambitious schedules, they believe this “time-out” for self-care is crucial for our physical, emotional, and mental well-being and want to share their integrated practice with you. Below is what you can expect from this uniquely designed event:
- Our yoga practice will begin with a seated, heart focused meditation to initiate the process of softening the space in your chest. We will settle into a full body flow the continues to open the heart Chakra and strengthen the complete physique. Our practice will peak with a shining heart expansion and gentle cooling twists to complete and incorporate the mindful expansion of the heart and body. (Please bring your mat and wear comfortable clothing.
- As your body and mind become centered, we will begin to focus on healthful ways to replenish your internal organs and systems with nourishment.
- Cooking is one of the most beautiful acts of self-care and Hue-Chan has designed a hands-on cooking menu with foods rich in fibers and nutrients to keep your heart healthy.
- We will share with you how to approach cooking in a mindful way to connect and integrate your mind and body as a helpful, meditative practice. Cooking is also a way to channel and transform negative energy and a way to express emotions through a different medium.
- You will cook alongside with Hue-Chan, Leah, and a team of attentive chef assistants and go “behind-the-scenes” and experience hands-on cooking in a commercial kitchen. Learn techniques, recipes, and tips used by professional chefs that you can take back to your home kitchen.
- Feast on the fruits of your labor among a community of food lovers…make new friends and have fun!
WHAT’S ON THE SELF-CARE COOKING MENU:
COST & BENEFITS:
- $135 per person, each additional person at $100, includes tax. You will experience an engaging, intimate, and memorable day of self-care with yoga exercises and hands-on cooking that will help you center your body and mind and share the joy of eating your cooking creations among a community of friends with recipes to take back to your home kitchen.
- Don’t miss this event, space is limited.